Words of a Fighter

Words of a Fighter

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Information about the infection that Dave has...

I asked if they knew what type of infection my Dad has the other day, and I was told it was acinetobacter. I, being the curious person that I am, had to come home and google it of course, and here is the article I found by the CDC.
(you may have to copy and paste it into your url bar)

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dhqp/ar_acinetobacter.html

I suppose it's fairly common, however, I don't like the part where it says "Acinetobacter causes a variety of diseases, ranging from pneumonia to serious blood or wound infections and the symptoms vary depending on the disease."
He has been doing so well and I think it would be a real bummer if this infection turns into more than a mild fever and cough. I guess that the good news was that his fever was down a little bit yesterday.
Let's all just keep praying that he continues to recover without his infection getting worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment