Words of a Fighter

Words of a Fighter

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Friday, July 16th

My Dad's recovery is like that old song... "Slow and steady, steady and slow, that's the way we always go". It's maddening. But, as I've said before, at least he is progressing.
He is still at RCH awaiting transfer to acute rehab due to some lag in final paperwork/insurance red tape, etc. I think we are somewhat anxious for his transfer because as of right now, there isn't much more they can do for him in the hospital. He needs acute rehab in order to really start gaining back so much of what he's lost.
I did get to speak to him over the phone today. That was nice. He was carrying on good conversation and following the topics pretty well. Then I put him on the phone with my two oldest daughters so that they could say hi and he could hear their voices. They miss their Grandpa so much and they are anxious for the day to come when he can sit and read books with them, or take them out in the back crime and go rock hunting again. They decided to sing him a song, so they sang 'Itsy Bitsy Spider' and my Dad chimed in to sing along. Just recalling it puts a smile on my face.
He also got to speak with Josh for a bit as well. Josh was so pleased to find Dad so coherent. He was not expecting him to be able to carry on a sensible conversation at this point so I think that helped make his day.

1 comment:

  1. Life just isn't the same without Dave's input. He keeps us all honest.

    We members of the OHV community miss him and hope and pray for his quick and total recovery.

    ReplyDelete