Words of a Fighter

Words of a Fighter

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday, July 13th... Hard evening for us

Tonight was a little bit bittersweet. We celebrated Cody's (my daughter, Dave's Grandaughter) 3rd birthday this evening with my Grandparents and Linda. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who missed my Dad's presence there. Ted and my Grandpa watched the all star game, and I k ow my dad would have been right there with them.
Cody got a big bouncy ball and her first big girl bicycle tonight. She rode her first bike along the same stretch that I learned to ride my first bicycle on. No doubt, the same stretch of sidewalk that my Dad learned to ride his bicycle on as well.
I haven't been able to go and see my Dad since my last posts over the weekend and I miss him. My Grandparents and Linda say that not much has changed since then. He is still making progress, it's just very slow.
He was evaluated by two different intensive rehab centers today and yesterday. Tomorrow, Linda and my Grandparents will visit both of them in person to tour the facilities. He may be transferred to the facility that they choose as early as Friday.
It is likely that once he's transferred, visiting hours will be very limited because he will be in some extensive rehab and therapy sessions for the better part of the day.
From my understanding, he's still very confused. He doesn't remember from day to day what has happened to him or where he is. Sometimes he is in Germany or the coast of Scotland, other days he is at the alpha beta on California. That alpha beta closed down about 20 years ago. He also sees his old best friend who died 20 years ago from liver disease.
He knows who people are and what they're relationship to him is, but he doesn't seem to really know where everything belongs in relation to time and everyday occurrences.
I really miss him and I still have very high hopes for his recovery. I'm terrified that this mental confusion could be permanent but I continue to pray that he will return to us whole and the same as he was before.

No comments:

Post a Comment