Words of a Fighter

Words of a Fighter

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Josh is here for a visit and he's doing a little better day by day

Josh has arrived by train this evening and I will pick him up in the morning and we'll go visit my Dad. I spoke to him yesterday on the phone, and he had a really lucid day. He was able to carry on the most sensible conversation to date with me. He knew that he was in a health care setting and that he was in an accident. He said he was feeling much better, although that his back still hurt and his leg was still in quite a bit of pain.
He had a visit with his orthopedic surgeon earlier last week for a follow up. All seems to be healing well and he has another follow up appointment in four weeks. He is now almost able to sit all the way up on his own without assistance. That's great because before he couldn't support his own weight in order to sit up before.
I will update more tomorrow after our visit.

1 comment:

  1. Asha (Or Anyone Else),

    I've asked before but have never got a response, hopefully someone will respond this time.

    I would really love to send Dave a card but not being a close friend I have no address to send it to. I know Dave through a web forum, and of course have followed his (Asba's) blog to keep track of how he's doing. I suppose if I really put a little work in to it I could find-out, but I sure would appreciate it if someone would send an address to me. I will not share it with anyone if you don't wish me to. You can send it to me at the following email address:

    gsmith at mvdsl dot com

    Thank You!
    Greg Smith aka (Plays In The Dirt)

    ReplyDelete